Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Who all on here used to watch wrestling?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Glory_Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Who all on here used to watch wrestling?

    I am talking about old school wrestling during the 70's, 80's, and early 90's before all this dramatic soap opera crap...

    "Win if you can, lose is you must, but ALWAYS cheat!" -- Jesse Ventura

    "What I'd like to have is for all you fat, out of shape, sweathogs, to keep the noise down while I take off my robe."
    Rick Rude
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who all on here used to watch wrestling?

    My Mamaw used to watch it! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who all on here used to watch wrestling?

    I got some VHS tapes that my dad recorded back in the 80's and early 90's of the NWA. Such as the Clash of Champions and of the weekly programming shows. That is when wrestling was at its best. As for wrestling now I can't stand it. I may watch a match or two but thats it. There is to much talk and not enough action.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who all on here used to watch wrestling?

    I used to watch it.....80s on up to 90s then when it went dramatic and soapish I quit

    Rock-n-Roll Express, Rockers, Horsemen, Ultimate Warrior, the Von Erick's, Hogan, Brutus, Jake the Snake....I loved em all
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who all on here used to watch wrestling?

    Here's a good question...during the competition in the 80's and 90's between WWF and WCW/NWA, who did you guys/gals like better and why?

    For me, it was always WCW/NWA. They just seemed to develop storylines & grudges better and made wrestling seem more realistic. In the WWF, it was always about over-the-top entertainment, at all costs, no matter how cheesy. Even if The Body, Hulk Hogan, Brutus the Barber, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, hell, even the Honky Tonk Man were pioneers that laid the groundwork for what wrestling is today, I'm not too sure I can thank them...WCW/NWA was so much better in my book.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Big_AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    767
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who all on here used to watch wrestling?

    I used to sit and watch it with my gradfather all the time. If it was on you was not allowed to talk or nothing. sure makes me think of some great times. We would sit and watch the nwa and southern states wresting all the time.
    "Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who all on here used to watch wrestling?

    I like NWA/ WCW. My dad would watch it all the time and then I started liking it. My favorite wrestle was The Nature Boy Ric Flair and The Rocking Roll Express. HAHA, I remember when I was 5 or 6 years old I dorp kicked my mom. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] She was sitting one end of the couch and I got one the other end. I got on top of the armrest part and dropkicked her. My dad just laughed his butt off lol. Anyone remember when the NWA was in kingsport in the late 80's. The Rock and Roll Express was there, Flair and Nikita Koloff (sp) fought for the title. I think Nikita won. I remember sitting ring side in the 3rd row.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who all on here used to watch wrestling?

    Old school wrestling was great, compared to today's trash. Mid Atlantic, Southeastern Championship, and NWA....loved those shows to death.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who all on here used to watch wrestling?

    I can remember watching Rick Flair nearly 30 years ago. Wahoo McDaniels was my all favorite old school wrestler.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •